Don’t get us wrong, we love some deep-fried food. But we all know if we can eat a little healthier it makes Speedo season so much sweeter. Traditional frying methods induce the Maillard effect at temperatures of between 284 to 329 °F by completely submerging foods in various hot oils, well above the boiling point of water. The air fryer works by coating the desired food in a thin layer of oil while circulating air heated up to 400 °F to apply heat and initiate the Maillard reaction. As a result, the appliance is able to brown foods like potato chips, chicken, fish, steak, cheeseburgers, or french fries using 70% to 80% less oil than a traditional deep fryer.
These Air Fryer chicken wings are crispy and extra delicious from the outside, flavorful, and juicy on the inside. Cooking chicken wings in the Air Fryer is so incredibly easy and fast which makes it perfect for a weeknight dish, a post-practice snack, or that next pool party! Clean up is a dream come true, with no leftover oil to put away while you recover from the “wing sweats”.
How to Cut and Separate Chicken Wings?
If the wings that you have are already broken down into wingettes and drumettes, then you are good to go and can move on to the following section. If not, then here’s how you separate
Step one, dry the chicken wings completely using paper towels. Then with your finger, locate where the joint is connected between wing and drum. And using kitchen scissors, cut through the joint. And finally, cut off the chicken wing tips, there isn’t a lot of meat on them, and you can fit more wings in the air fryer.
- 4 LBS Chicken Wings-Any SCM Flavor will do
- Spray oil- Olive, Safflower, PAM
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 Cup Hot Sauce- Franks, or your favorite.
- Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Celery- If you’re a Veggie eater
- Pre-heat Air Fryer to 400 degrees for 4 minutes
- Lightly spray and coat all the wings
- Load a single layer of wings into Air Fryer and set the timer for 7 Minutes.
- Warm your hot sauce on the stove or microwave, and slowly whisk in cold butter a few pieces at a time.
- After 7 minutes, turn the wings over, reset the timer for 7 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees, use a warner as you complete the next batches of wings.
- After the second round of 7 minutes place wings on a sheet pan and place them in the oven.
- Once all wings are done, Toss or Dip the wings in your buttery hot sauce mixture. Serve with Ranch and Blue Cheese, and celery if you must.
Tip & Advice
The recipe above is for a traditional style, Buffalo Wing. We carry an amazing assortment of different marinated chicken wings that all work great in this recipe. If you need any tips or recommendations on the different flavors, just drop us a line.
Leave a Comment