Discover the art of cooking a delectable Oven Roasted Bone-In Rib Roast with these comprehensive instructions. Perfectly crafted for a savory dining experience, this roast promises tender, juicy meat with flavorful juices locked in every bite. Follow these steps to create a culinary masterpiece that will elevate any occasion, whether it’s a festive celebration or an intimate family dinner.
APPROXIMATE REHEAT TIMES BASED ON SIZE
Remember, always check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
- 1 Bone-In Rib Roast (aprx 5 lbs)
- 1 Stone Cold Meats Wagyu Rosemary Butter
- 1/2 cup Stone Cold Meats 50 Shades of Steak (if not pre-seasoned)
- Optional: 1 or 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Red Wine, Stock or Water
- Bring the meat to room temperature by removing it from the refrigerator at least an hour before cooking. (For a larger rib roast, make it two or three)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the rib roast, bone side down, in a large roasting pan. Coat with Wagyu Rosemary Butter and Season with Stone Cold Meats 50 Shades Steak. If you like garlic, peel the cloves and cut them into tiny slivers; use a boning or paring knife to poke small holes in the meat and insert the garlic into them.
- Place the roast in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, undisturbed. Turn the heat down to 350°F and continue to roast about 1 hour; check in several places with a meat thermometer. When no spot registers under 125°F (120°F if you like your meat extra rare and your guests are of the same preference), the meat is rare; cook another 5 or 10 minutes if you like it more well done, then check again, but in no case should you let the temperature of the meat go above 155°F.
- Remove the rib roast from the oven. Pour off all but a few tablespoons of the fat and place the roasting pan over a burner set to high. Add the liquid and cook, stirring and scraping up any brown bits, until it is reduced by half.
- Removes from pan to a rest for 5-10minutes. Slice and serve the roast with sauce reduction.
It pairs GREAT with Stone Cold Meats House Made Au Jus or Horseradish Cream Sauce!