Mastering the art of preparing succulent Oven Roasted Turkey Breast requires precision and care. Follow these steps for a delectable dish that’s bound to be the centerpiece of any meal. Note that these instructions serve as general guidance; oven performance may vary, so adjust accordingly to ensure a perfectly roasted turkey breast that’s tender and bursting with flavor.
Optional: SCM Brine Kit
- 4-6 lb Boneless Skinless Turkey Breast
- 1 Stone Cold Meats Garlic Butter
- 1/2 cup Stone Cold Meats Seasoning: Pork & Poultry and/or Bayou Pachanga
- Optional: Assorted Vegetables
- IF Brining: See Stone Cold Meats Brining Preparation.
- Bring the meat to room temperature by removing it from the refrigerator at least an hour before cooking.
- Transfer the turkey breast to a roasting rack set in a roasting pan, or place on top of vegetables in a skillet or other baking dish. Set aside while the oven heats.
- Arrange an oven rack in the bottom third of the oven and pre heat the oven to 450°F.
- Pat the turkey breast dry with a paper towels. Rub the turkey breast all over with Stone Cold Meats Wagyu Rosemary Butter. Season the breast all over with your preferred Stone Cold Meats seasoning (we like Pork & Poultry or Bayou Pachanga for more of a spicy kick!).
- Place the turkey in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 350°F. Roast for 1 hour, then begin checking the temperature.
- Start checking after 1 hour of roasting and continue checking every 10 – 15 minutes until the breast is cooked through. (The turkey is done when it reaches 165°F in the thickest part of the breast meat.)
- If the breast meat begins to brown too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil to prevent scorching.
- When cooked, remove the turkey from the oven and cover it loosely with foil. Let the turkey rest for 15 – 20 minutes; this gives the juices time to redistribute and the turkey time to firm up.
- Transfer the turkey to a clean cutting board. Starting at the end of the turkey breast and start slicing the breast crosswise to your desired thickness of slices.