The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to spread joy than with a mouthwatering Oven-Roasted Turkey that will leave your guests raving? Embrace the warmth of the kitchen and embark on a culinary journey that promises succulence and flavor in every bite.
Indulge your senses in the aromatic journey of preparing a succulent oven-roasted turkey that will elevate your culinary prowess and leave your guests craving more. Roasting a turkey may seem like a daunting task, but fear not – with our step-by-step guide, you’ll master the art of creating a masterpiece that’s both tender and bursting with flavor.
Savor the Perfect Holiday Feast with Our Oven-Roasted Turkey Delight
Approximate Cooking Times For Your Turkey
Remember, always check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
12lbs – 18lbs
4.5 -4.75 hours
4.5 – 5 hours
5.5 – 6.75 hours
Ingredients: Elevate the Flavor Profile
Optional: Stone Cold Meats Brine Kit
- 1 Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Carrot, Coarsely Chopped
- Stone Cold Meats Pork & Poultry and/or Stone Cold Meats Bayou Pachanga Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Stone Cold Meats Garlic Butter
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 Bunch Chopped Fresh Sage
Cooking Instructions: A Symphony of Aromas
- IF Brining: See Stone Cold Meats Brining Preparation.
- Bring the meat to room temperature by removing it from the refrigerator at least an hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on top of the vegetables in the roasting pan. Pat the outside and inside of the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Season the inside of the turkey with your Stone Cold Meats seasoning (Pork & Poultry is kid friendly, whereas Bayou Pachanga will offer a little more of a spicy kick). Fold wing tips under the bird.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat until the edges begin to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add rosemary and sage, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Place rosemary and sage inside the cavity of the turkey; reserve melted butter. Tie the legs together with twine.
- Brush outside of the turkey completely with the melted butter. Season the entire outside of the bird with your preferred Stone Cold Meats seasoning.
- Bake turkey, uncovered, in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 3 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180° F . Remove the turkey from the oven and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
It pairs GREAT with Stone Cold Meats House Made Turkey Gravy or Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce!
Unveil the Culinary Masterpiece
Savor the pride and joy of presenting a perfectly Oven-Roasted Turkey that will not only grace your festive table but create memories that linger long after the last bite. May your holidays be filled with culinary delights and the warmth of shared moments around the table. Happy Roasting!