Savor the succulent flavor of perfectly smoked turkey breast with these simple instructions. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday meal, indulging in tender, smoky turkey is effortless with the right guidance. The following steps provide a straightforward process to ensure your smoked turkey breast is cooked to perfection, delivering a delightful smoky aroma and delicious taste.
Optional: 1 SCM Brine Kit
- 4-6 lb Boneless Skinless Turkey Breast
- 1 Stone Cold Meats Garlic Butter
- 1/2 cup Stone Cold Meats Pork & Poultry and/or Bayou Pachanga Seasoning
- IF Brining: Prepare the brine according to recipe directions. Let the turkey soak in the brine for 18-24 hours before cooking.
- Bring the meat to room temperature by removing it from the refrigerator at least an hour before cooking.
- Preheat grill or smoker to 225°F. Make sure there are enough pellet wood chips in the smoker to last a few hours and you have a drip pan in place. Maple, Hickory, and Cherry pellet wood chunks are good options.
- Place turkey breast on a work surface and pat turkey breast dry with paper towels. Coat all over with melted Stone Cold Meats Garlic Butter by using your hands to massage the butter into the turkey breast.
- Season the turkey with Stone Cold Meats Pork & Poultry and/or Bayou Pachanga seasoning.
- Place your turkey breast on the smoker grill grate and cook for 40 – 45 minutes per pound, until the internal temp reaches 160°F.
- The exact smoked turkey breast time will vary based on how large of a turkey you’re smoking. Use an instant read thermometer to verify when your turkey does reach an internal temperature of 160-165°F (note: 165°F is the official safe temperature, removing it at 160°F in theory allows time for the turkey to keep cooking up to temperature). Remove from heat.
- Wait at least 20-30 minutes before slicing so the juices can settle. You can cover the turkey breast with tin foil to keep it warm and leave it out at room temperature.
It pairs GREAT with Stone Cold Meats House Made Turkey Gravy or Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce!