Reviving the savory delight of a whole smoked turkey requires finesse to retain its original flavors and succulence. These reheating instructions serve as a helpful guide, recognizing that each heating method may vary in timing and efficiency. Adaptable to diverse kitchen setups, these steps prioritize gradual reheating to ensure the turkey retains its juicy tenderness.
Whether using an oven or microwave, following these guidelines will help you savor the smoked essence of your whole turkey, delivering a satisfying dining experience with every bite.
- 1 Whole Smoked Turkey
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- Optional: Assorted Vegetables
Keep in mind that these instructions are guidelines only. Every oven is different and may cook at a rate faster or slower than the ovens used in developing these instructions. Convection ovens cook much faster than a regular element oven. We suggest the use of a pocket instant read thermometer to determine internal temperature.
Reheated product should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove turkey from refrigerator and plastic wrap allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour. DO NOT CONSUME/COOK PLASTIC WRAP
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bottom of the roasting pan, pour one cup of stock, water, or white wine.
- Place turkey on wire rack in the roasting pan or create a rack by placing turkey on a bed of coarsely chopped root vegetables.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and continue to bake an additional 15 minutes to brown and crisp the skin.
- Let rest for 20 minutes before carving.
It pairs GREAT with Stone Cold Meats House Made Turkey Gravy or Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce!